This assignment, like most, has multiple parts. To earn full credit you must address each of these items, thoughtfully in depth. Please NUMBER your answers. I recommend you type your responses in Word and save often, then copy and paste into the text box. All work must be in your OWN WORDS; no cutting and pasting. Your final product should be at least 800 words. Here are the questions:
Part 1: Personality
- After you complete the Big 5 Personality Test, discuss IN-DEPTH your results here. Tell me the percentile for each trait and talk about IN-DEPTH what it means. Be sure you really talk about your traits and don’t just list traits. Tell me examples of how you see this trait in your life (or not.) Students will tend to just list characteristics but I want you to paint me a vivid picture of what your traits are. You are also to up things in your own words; do not cut and paste from the Big 5 and do not cut and paste from the web pages.
- List all of the web pages you used to access more in-depth information about each of your traits. You must list at least 2 minimum.
- Discuss three things you learned from the TED Talk on Personality.
Part 2: Development
- Discuss two concepts from Mod. 9 that you found most interesting, enlightening, or exciting. Be sure you define each concept and then discuss why you selected it.
- Discuss two concepts from Mod. 10 that you found most interesting, enlightening, or exciting. Be sure you define each concept and then discuss why you selected it.
- Finally, tell me a 3-5 sentence summary of what the main idea of the article, “Your Child’s Brain” was about. Obviously, it’s about a child’s brain but what about this brain is the article trying to communicate???? Also, define the term critical period and discuss how it was related to the study with the kittens.
Part 3: Happiness
1. Discuss three things you learned from the TED Talk on Happiness.
2. Discuss the article on happiness; what were the main ideas it communicated? What surprised you the most as you read? What did you learn?
BIG 5 PERSONALITY TEST – http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/
TED TALK ON PERSONALITY – https://www.ted.com/talks/brian_little_who_are_you_really_the_puzzle_of_personality?language=en
MODS 9, 10, AND YOUR CHILDS BRAIN ARE ATTACHED BELOW
TED TALK ON HAPPINESS – https://www.ted.com/talks/dan_gilbert_asks_why_are_we_happy?language=en
ARTICLE ON HAPPINESS ATTACHED BELOW