Write a seven to ten (7-10) page paper in which you:
- Describe specific practices that successful project managers apply in exercising their leadership and management roles overall.
- Evaluate Judy Stokleyâ€™s level of success in developing a culture of trust while implementing her drawdown plan as Eglin Air Baseâ€™s new Advanced Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile (AMRAAM) program director. Provide three (3) specific examples to support the response.
- Indicate three (3) key learning and behavior modification strategies that Judy Stokley used in order to address AMRAAMâ€™s organizational problems and gain the trust of project team members. Provide three (3) specific examples to support the response.
- Analyze three (3) actions that Judy Stokley took in order to change the project teamâ€™s culture and create a relationship of trust, mutual support, and teamwork between the government and contractors. Support the response with three (3) specific corresponding examples.
- Create a personal leadership development plan for Judy Stokley so that she may be eligible for future promotions to leadership roles beyond program director. The plan should, at a minimum, focus on promoting key leadership behaviors, designate specific strategies to promote a higher level of performance relative to the position, and specify actions that Judy could take to promote the AMRAAM culture in her new role.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Apply the concepts of project leadership to implement sound leadership practices and effectively lead high-performance teams in a project environment.
- Determine the most appropriate leadership style (e.g., directive, consultative, participative, or delegative) in a project environment to effectively manage the project.
- Apply successful leadership practices to inspire and encourage teams through shared vision, purpose, and commitment, and set high expectations to promote a higher level of performance.
- Develop productive relationships with project participants to gain the trust of project team members and build the personal credibility required for effective leadership.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project management leadership.
- Write clearly and concisely about project management leadership using proper writing mechanics.