Answering Discussion Questions: Student answers or responds to all questions completely, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of key concepts, ability to think critically, and has included original examples in his/her response. It is required that the textbook and/or scholarly research be included to justify and/or solidify any argument or reasoning. Student brings in outside examples and is able to examine a problem or situation from a variety of perspectives.
Requirements for Answering Discussion Questions: The answer to questions entirely, demonstrating knowledge and understanding of key concepts, ability to think critically, and has included original examples in response. It is required that the textbook and scholarly research be included to justify and solidify any argument or reasoning. Student brings in outside examples and can examine a problem or situation from a variety of perspectives.
Strictly in APA format 6th Ed, Only 100% original work, Citations and reference list are required. min 550 words in 3 single space page
Textbook info: “International Business: Competing in the Global Marketplace,” 11ed, Authors; Charles W.L. Hill and G.Tomas M. Hult
1. W6DQ1 (a) How do you explain the use of countertrade? (b) Under what scenarios might its use increase further by 2020? (c) Under what scenarios might its use decline?
2. W6DQ2 Explain how the global supply chain functions of (a) logistics and (b) purchasing can be used to strategically leverage the global supply chains for a manufacturing company producing mobile phones.
3. W7DQ1 Reread the Management Focus on McDonald’s global compensation practices. How does McDonald’s approach help the company take into account local differences when reviewing the performance of different country managers and awarding bonus pay?
4. W7DQ2 Why might an accounting-based control system provide headquarters management with biased information about the performance of a foreign subsidiary? How can these biases be corrected?
5. W8DQ1 In this discussion question, you have the opportunity to be creative and to relate what you have learned to your professional lives. (BTW, I have financial, economics and banking background, from head economic up to CFO, CEO levels, in foreign country). Please explore and critically think about some of the learning objectives and concepts presented in this course. Pleaseeffectively communicate how you would lead an organization (or a group of people within the organization) by applying the knowledge you have learned ethically and responsibly. Your discussion should also include innovative thinking, and information-technology aspects(such as the Internet, social media, computers, etc.) that may assist you in decision-making. You may frame your discussion around any functional component of business, and in any context; problem-solving, management, leadership, organizational behavior; etc.