For this assignment, research your state’s homicide laws using a statute list from your state’s government Web site. Review the list of homicide statutes to guide you in locating a state homicide case on point with one of the homicide statutes and complete to the following:
- Describe one type of homicide from your state statute.
- Explain the elements required to prove a violation of the statute selected.
- Explore a case that is based on a charge associated with your selection, including the facts of the case and the ruling of the court.
- Articulate why it is important for a law enforcement officer to understand the elements of the statute and the court’s interpretation of the statute when conducting an investigation of the crime.
My state is California!!!
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to APA guidelines.
- Required page count: 3â€“4, not including the cover page or the references page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.