Week 2 Individual Project 1
Deliverable length: 200 -250 words
The hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) approach is a food safety management system that focuses on the control of hazards through the food flow other than just sanitation. These actions, critical control points (CCP) such as times and temperatures, are required to prevent or eliminate a food safety hazard, or reduce danger zones to acceptable levels.
The new owners of Marioâ€™s Italian Restaurant have decided that all of their recipes must have time temperature controls built into their existing recipe base to reduce the possibility of an outbreak of food-borne illness. They have given you their secret recipe (below) for their meat-based tomato sauce known as Bolognese sauce.
Answer the following questions as part of your response:
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large onion, minced
2 carrots, in small dice
2 large celery ribs, in small dice
1 1â„2 lbs. ground chuck (frozen)
1â„4 lb. prosciutto, minced
3â„4 cup white wine
3 cups whole milk
1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, pureed in a food mill or blender
1â„4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, more to taste
salt & freshly ground black pepper
1. Defrost ground beef.
2. In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over moderately low heat.
3. Add the onion, carrot and celery and sautÃ© until the vegetables are soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
4. Add the beef and cook slowly, breaking it up with a fork, until it changes color; do not allow the meat to sear or harden.
5. Stir in the prosciutto.
6. Add the wine and simmer until most of the wine has evaporated.
7. Stir in 1 1/2 cups milk and simmer until the milk is largely absorbed.
8. Add the tomatoes, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Cover partially and adjust the heat to maintain a bare simmer.
10. Cook 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
11. Cool. Hold refrigerated until needed.
12. Reheat sauce
13. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups milk in 3 batches. Allow each addition to be absorbed before adding more.
14. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
15. Hold in Bain Marie.
Please submit your assignment.
You will be graded on the following:
https://help.savvyessaywriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/111-300x47.png 0 0 admin https://help.savvyessaywriters.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/111-300x47.png admin2021-06-25 03:21:222021-06-25 03:21:22Food-Safety-and-Sanitation-for-Hospitality-200-250-words-management-homework-help