A. Select a nonfictional leader who you feel has exhibited exemplary ethical conduct and do the following: Garry Ridge- CEO of WD40
1. Discuss two ethical traits your chosen leader has demonstrated.
2. Explain how your chosen leader has exhibited ethical conduct.
B. Compare the deontological and consequentialist perspectives and how each perspective would approach the dilemma from the scenario.
C. Explain which level of cognitive moral development (i.e., preconventional, conventional, or postconventional) is represented in the scenario for each of the following questions:
Which action would most likely serve the greater good in society?
If I reveal this information, will I get into trouble and possibly even lose my job?
Which action best aligns with my long-held belief in the principle of justice?
What do the laws say, and what would a law-abiding citizen do?
If I keep quiet will I get some sort of reward?
D. Reflect on your Ethical Lens Inventory (ELI) by doing the following:
1. Explain your preferred ethical lens, or what it means to have a center perspective relevant to the ELI.
a. Analyze whether you have the same preferred lens in different settings (e.g., work, personal, social).
2. Explain both your primary values and classical virtue(s) from the ELI.
a. Compare two primary values and one classical virtue from part D2 individually with three of the top five values from the Clarifying Your Values exercise.
3. Describe one of the following from the ELI: your blind spot, risk, double standard, or vice.
a. Discuss three steps you can take to mitigate the blind spot, risk, double standard, or vice described in part D3 in order to make better ethical decisions in the future.
4. Discuss how you plan to use the ethical lens(es) to approach ethical situations throughout your professional life.
E. Submit a copy of the PDF file with your results from the ELI, as a separate document.
F. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
G. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
The post : ETHICAL THEORIES, LEADERSHIP & THE ETHICAL LENS INVENTORY appeared first on Savvy Essay Writers.