Health care is one of the most heavily regulated industries. There are laws which are specific to operating a health care facility, and laws which pertain to employment regardless of the specific industry. In this assignment, you will identify a specific employment law which is relevant within the health care workplace. Next, you will conduct research on this law, and explore what it covers, why it is important, which leaders need to assure compliance with the law, and what organizations need to do to assure ongoing monitoring and compliance with the selected law. You are encouraged to select an employment law with which you are not familiar. The law I chose is OSHA.
The final product for this assignment will be an executive overview on how to comply with an employment law that includes a new insight based upon your research. ( Hint: The new insight might be location of a compliance audit checklist, location of a best-practice policy, a brief summary of the law on an employment poster created by the federal government, et cetera.) You are encouraged to be substantive, yet concise, and to incorporate evidence from credible, authoritative sources.
- Describe a relevant employment law, and cite the original source for the law (for example, government Web site, et cetera). Include a brief overview of a landmark case which illustrates the law.
- Construct an overview of the law that includes the rationale for the law, who is affected by the law, and related information.
- Propose a method, system, process, or tool to assure compliance with the selected employment law. ( Hint: Include compliance audit tools, best-practices checklists, et cetera from your research.)
- Make sure to explain how benchmarking processes and best practices will be used to assure compliance.
- Length of paper: 3â€“4 double-spaced, typed pages, plus a reference list. Your paper should be concise, yet substantive.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (current edition) style and formatting.
- Resources: Use evidence from authoritative, scholarly literature to support your recommendation