In this Assignment you will examine employee monitoring and privacy. An increasingly important topic in the current interactive and social media oriented environment, many employers are faced with tradeoffs in interconnectivity and sharing of workplace communications while protecting both the organizationâ€™s intellectual property and employee privacy. Organizations work to provide social media access and communications with clients, vendors, suppliers, customers and the public while ensuring employee productivity.
- What are guidelines employers should follow when considering video surveillance of a worksite? Include a summary of a legal case that illustrates your key points.
- What are guidelines employers should follow when handling employee records and other employee information?
- What are guidelines employers should follow when considering searching an employeeâ€™s work area, computer, desk, files or locker? What about if the employee works from home? Include a summary of a legal case that illustrates your key points.
To successfully complete the project, the following are the minimum requirements:
- Complete a 2 â€“ 3 page paper in APA format: 12-point font, double spaced, indented paragraphs, citations, reference list, etc.
- Include introductory and summary paragraphs.
- Limit the use of direct quotations; instead, paraphrase and cite the author’s work.
- Reinforce your personal opinions with outside references and cite all works used.