Assignment: Leadership to Improve Quality of Service Delievery
Assignment: Leadership to Improve Quality of Service Delievery
ORDER NOW FOR AN ORIGINAL PAPERDiscuss:Assignment: Leadership to Improve Quality of Service Delievery
Week 5 discussion
Leadership to Improve Quality in Diverse Situations
This week’s graded discussion topic relates to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
CO1 Propose individualized comprehensive care by integrating theories and principles of nursing and related disciplines when planning comprehensive patient-centered care. (PO 1)
CO2 Demonstrate leadership strategies that promote safety and improve quality in nursing practice and increase collaboration with other disciplines when planning patient-centered care within systems-based practice. (PO 2)
CO7 Compare and contrast the professional nursing roles for ADN/diploma through PhD/DNP prepared nurses in providing cost-effective, quality healthcare in structured and unstructured systems. (PO 7)
Nurses demonstrate leadership in many situations. For this discussion, identify only one situation from the choices below that you have not previously experienced, and tell us how the nurse could improve quality through demonstrating leadership.
Communicating with legislators to influence health policy
Clinical leadership at the bedside
Nursing management of units or facilities
Impact of systems-based practice on leadership
The service sector has assumed great economic importance over the past decade and enjoys the
largest share in GDP all over the world including India. Quality has become an icon for
customers while selecting a service. Organizations today have started embarking into
multifaceted approaches to improve the quality of their services & the topic of service quality
has been recognized as one of the key strategic strength to organizations. The driving force for
superior service quality is the effort & contribution of the service staff. In order to improve &
provide excellence in service quality, it is important to focus on the process of service quality
delivery. This study focuses on the effect of leadership on perceived service quality delivery. A
conceptual model has been proposed in this regard.
KEY WORDS: leadership, service climate, employee outcomes, service quality.
1. Alharbi Mohammad and Yusoff Rushami Zien 2012 Leadership styles, and their
relationship with quality management practices in public hospitals in Saudi Arabia.
International Journal of economics and Management Sciences Vol. 1, No. 10, , pp. 59-67
2. Adil Mohd, Ghaswyneh Odai Falah Mohammad Al & Albkour Alaa Musallam (2013).
SERVQUAL and SERVPERF: A Review of Measures in Services Marketing Research
Global Journal of Management and Business Research Marketing Volume 13 Issue 6
3. Asgari Mohammad Reza (2014) The Effect Of Leadership Styles on Employees
Commitment To Services Quality In Bank Melli Branches Of Isfahan . Kuwait Chapter
of Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review Vol. 3, No.12; August. 2014
4. Bansal, Harvir, S., Mendelson, Morris, B., Sharma, & Basu. (2001). The impact of internal
marketing activities on external marketing outcomes, Journal of Quality Management, 6, pp 61-
ZENITH International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research ____________ISSN 2231-5780
Vol.7 (4), APRIL (2017), pp. 86-97
Online available at zenithresearch.org.in
5. Bass, B.M. (1985). Leadership and performance beyond expectations. Free Press New
6. Berry, L. L., Parasuraman, A. and Zeithaml, V. A. (1994) Improving Service Quality in
America: Lessons Learned [and Executive Commentary], The Academy of Management
Executive (1993-2005), 8 (2), pp. 32-52.
7. Bitner, M. J., & Hubbert, A. R. (1994). Encounter satisfaction versus overall satisfaction
versus quality: The customer‟s voice. In Rust, R. T., & Oliver, R. L. (Eds.). Service
quality: New directions in theory and practice (pp. 72-94). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
8. Bitner, M.J., B.H. Booms, and L.A. Mohr. (1994), Critical Service Encounters: The
Employees Viewpoint, Journal of Marketing, 58,Oct,95-106.
9. Bolton, R N. and J. H. Drew. (1992), Mitigating the Effect of Service Encounters,
Marketing Letters, 3,1, 57-70.
10. Borucki, C. C., & Burke, M. J. (1999). An examination of service-related antecedents to
retail store performance. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 20, 943–962.
11. Bryman, A. (1992). Charisma and leadership in organizations. London: Sage.
12. Cheung. M (2010). Management commitment to service quality and organizational
outcomes. Managing Service Quality. Journal of Marketing Vol. 20 No. 3, pp.259-272.
13. Elmayar (2011)
14. Farrell, Andrew M. and Souchon, Anne L. (1998). Service acculturation : how managers
can influence employees’ service delivery. IN: Australia and New Zealand Marketing
Academy Conference 1998. Dunedin, 1998-11-29 – 1998-12-03.
15. Farrell, Andrew M.; Souchon, Anne L. and Durden, Geoffrey R. (2001). The effect of
leadership styles on service quality delivery. IN: Academy of Marketing Conference
(AM). Cardiff, 2001-07-02 – 2001-07-04.
16. Farrell Andrew M., Souchon Anne L., Durden Geoff R (2003). The Service Leadership
Scale: A Substantive Validity Test IN: Australia and New Zealand Marketing Academy
Conference 2003. Adelaide, 2003-12-01 – 2003-12-03.
17. Gracia Esther, Cifre Eva, and Grau Rosa (2010) Service Quality: The Key Role of
Service Climate and Service Behavior of Boundary Employee Units Organization
Management June vol. 35 no. 3 276-298
18. Grönfeldt Svafa, Strother Judith (2006) Service Leadership ; The Quest for Competitive
Advantage. Sage Publications
19. Gupta Amit & Gannon Martin(2002). Effect of Service Climate on Service Quality: Test
of a Model Using Hierarchical Linear Modeling. WORKING PAPER No.202 Nov
20. Hartline, Michael D. and Ferrell, O.C. (1996), “The Management of Customer-Contact
21. Service Employees: An Empirical Investigation,” Journal of Marketing, 60 (October), pp.
22. Hogg Bill (2014). How Weak Leadership Impacts Customer Loyalty. Avalilable at
23. Hui C. Harry, Chiu Warren C. K., Yu Philip L. H., Cheng Kevinand Tse Herman H. M.
(2007), The effects of service climate and the effective leadership behaviour of
supervisors on frontline employee service quality: A multi-level analysis. Journal of
Occupational and Organizational Psychology 80, 151–172.
Use the following coupon code :
The post Assignment: Leadership to Improve Quality of Service Delievery appeared first on NursingPaperSlayers.